Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rydia cosplay photoshoot

A big shout out to Kiratsukai of Splinters of Light Photography for the awesome photos and editing work!  I would have been a hopeless, lost mess without you putting me into various poses.  Be sure to check her out if you cosplay in the New York, Connecticut, and/or Massachusetts areas.


Rydia from Final Fantasy 4 cosplay at CT Con 2013 designed by Elathera photo by Kiratsukai

Rydia of Mist from FFIV cosplay costume designed by Elathera photography by Kiratsukai
This one is my favorite!
 
shy smile Rydia from Final Fantasy IV cosplay costume designed by Elathera photography by Kiratsukai
A close second...


Rydia from Final Fantasy IV cosplay at ConnectiCon 2013 designed by Elathera photo by Kiratsukai
Side view of sleeves...can you believe there's a purse inside one of them?!

Rydia from FF4 cosplay at CTCon designed by Elathera photo by Kiratsukai

Rydia of Mist from FFIV cosplay at CTCon designed by Elathera photo by Kiratsukai

Rydia of Mist from Final Fantasy IV designed by Elathera photo by Kiratsukai

Rydia of Mist from FF4 cosplay designed by Elathera photography by Kiratsukai

2 comments:

  1. your Rydia costume is amazing! I stumbled on it while doing research on different rydia costumes because I'm trying to make one for a friend of mine. I was wondering if you would mind sharing a few of your construction tips or maybe some material pointers for a place to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ben! I would be happy to share my learnings with you. The biggest one would be to stay away from slippery fabrics if you are a beginner with the sewing machine. They are very frustrating to work with. I would also recommend not following my design for the leggings as it took way too much time for the resulting quality. And, use a bedazzler for beadwork to save time on hand sewing. If you look at my older blog entries from 2013 there are construction photos and more details. Let me know if you have any questions!

      Delete