Sunday, January 13, 2013

Step 0: A Forced Introduction

So I got a scathing call from the Chief Editor saying I had to do an introductory post or else my funding would be cut.  I hope you're all happy now...

I've decided to make my very first totally homemade cosplay!  This summer, Rydia will be making a grand appearance at Connecticon 2013.  There have been a few incarnations of her art and appearance; I am using this one:


Rydia FF4 official art

Who: Rydia from Final Fantasy IV
What: Connecticon 2013
Where: Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT
When: July 12-14, 2013 
How: Absolutely no idea! I will be figuring things out as I go along, and will share my successes and miserable failures along the way.  Sewing is not my strong point, nor have I dabbled in working with resin or beads before.  Thank god for smart people that post video tutorials...
Why: I love to make things and try new mediums.  Arts, crafts, and writing are all passions of mine.  Sadly, it has been a long time since my last serious creative effort.  I see this ambitious goal as a way to revitalize my creative side.  What better way to tap into all of these things than to write about my endeavor as it unfolds?

On a separate note, Rydia is one skinny girl.  This undertaking is not only a chance to flex some creative muscle, but also a fabulous excuse to stick with that pesky New Year's resolution.  My modest goal is to build muscle tone and lose a couple pounds over the next six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment